Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Dutch East Indies Campaign Plan

All,

This is a little late (as I've already started), and I've played some of the fights out of order (but I'm renaming the titles so they will listed in chronological order), but I wanted to share with you the outline of the campaign in the Dutch East Indies.  First, understand that I will be playing a series of nine dogfights using 'Lacquered Coffins' (three fights each for a USMC, USN, and USA fighter squadron), five naval fights (using the real ABDA naval forces and my own, homebrew naval rules), and three to five ground fights (Captain Moon's platoon of Marines; not sure if I'll do squad level or platoon level fights, or a mixture of both).


A: Palembang, location of Captain Moon's 1st Platoon (Marine infantry) and VMF-343 "Dirt Divers"
B: Makassar, location of US Army 565th Tactical Fighter Squadron "Chickenhawks"
C: Koepang, location of US Navy VF-63 "Killer Pelicans"
D: Naval battle of Balikpapan
E: Two naval battles of Badung Strait (also known as Lombok Strait)
F: Naval battle of Java Sea
G: Naval battle of Sunda Strait

The red arrows are Japanese offensives, with dates listed.  Batavia on the island of Java is the Dutch capital of the Dutch East Indies, and the major America-British-Dutch-Australia (ABDA) Naval base is at Tjilatjap, also on Java.

I have already played and posted three naval fights: Balikpapan, Badung I, and Badung II.

I have already played all three dogfights for the Marine squadron and one dogfight for the Army squadron, but I haven't written them up and posted yet.  Another problem I need to deal with is the fact the second Army dogfight (which I haven't played) happens chronologically before the third Marine dogfight (which I've already played).  Once I get that straightened out everything should be fine in terms of posting the batreps in order.

So, in total we're looking at a total of seventeen to twenty fights for the Dutch East Indies campaign (of which I've already played seven).  This will be followed by a few dogfights not associated with any ground campaign (the Battles of Coral Sea and Midway, for example), and then on to Guadalcanal.

V/R,
Jack

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I've been waiting for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlo,

      Great, I’m glad to hear there’s some excitement in anticipation of this campaign. Thanks!

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  2. Good news! Late to the party but still very interested.
    Lon aka Marianas Gamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, and sorry for the delay, but I’ve just started posting some batreps here again.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete